Sunday, September 9, 2007

Wigglesworth is still giggle-inducing, at least for me

Freshman mixer? Don't remember it specifically, as the whole week made me feel like I was in a mixer. I'm not sure I went to it but know I'd have been likely to. Does anyone remember meeting me there? Probably none of the guys, since you were all busy looking for Catherine Oxenberg...

I do remember, very distinctly, plunking all my 'stuff' down in the top floor of Wigglesworth I , struck by the sense that my roommates and I were a little melting pot microcosm. Sandy Cavazos (Mexican American), Lucy Lin (Chinese American), Faith Connolly (Irish American) and me (mutt, but with that Swedish moniker). My family were very present and, after all that lugging, couldn't wait to go out for a last bite to eat together. I, on the other hand, couldn't wait for them to leave and let me get on with 'life at college'. I also remember thinking how sexist, and yet comforting, it seemed that we 'ladies' were perched on the top floor, with an entry full of 'men' below. Such a Harvard thing to do for those of us so 'vulnerable' to the outside world (a.k.a. Mass Ave) -- practical, quaint and not as subtle as they might have supposed.

Since Cyrus started us out with a Jonathan Kolber mention, I'm pleased to report that I eventually learned to distinguish Jonathan, Andreas Keller-Sarmiento and Mark Rollins from one another -- but it took me until around Christmas to do so. I obviously made up for lost time, in one way or another.

Love this blog idea, Cyrus. Well done for not only thinking of it but getting around to it. I'm off now, to invite more friends to join us. Nice hanging out here with you, Cyrus.

1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

This’ll help greatly on your journey with writing: Q: Why should you love our exploded plethora of produce which’ll plant the seeds for YOU to grow to great heights?? PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK:

A: Greetings, earthling. Not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like for us if ya believe/accept: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most extra-blatant, catch-22-excitotoxins, myriads of cogently-ironic-metaphors, guhroovaliciousnessly-delicious-endorphin-rush, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Firepower-Idyllic-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-off 2 kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-real-McCoy-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-rrrock’nNsmmmokin’-hot-deal: PLEASE KEEP HANDS/FEET INSIDE THE RIDE UNTIL WE MADE A CIRCUMFERENCE OF the OUTSTANDING, NEVER-ENDING, THRILLIONTH-RED-MARKER-POSSIBILITIES …with eXtra eXciting eXtroverts doing the most vivid, brazen congrewnts: flawless as pearls from the Toyster Upstairs!!! Gain altitude, not attitude, and take front-row-seats, as the inexhaustible, irresistible intimacy shall blow-your-fragile-mind to peaces, miss gorgeous. Meet me Upstairs. Do that for us. Cya soon, girl…

PS “It is impossible that anyone should NOT receive all that they have believed and hoped to obtain; it gives Me great pleasure when they hope great things from Me and I will always give them more than they expect”
-Our Lord to Saint Gertrude